Chat With Me

Friday, April 10, 2009

Day 39 - Farewell Gathering

Woke up at 10.52 am. I was spending the whole day slacking until I finally decided to go somewhere in Wuhan.

Finally, after serious consideration, I went over to the laundry auntie and finally decided to go the silk exhibition located near 中山公园.

It's quite a grand affair...

Managed to purchase some silk clothing for family members and chanced upon...

Two mascots waddling down the escalator... The poor guys inside..

Finally done with Silk shopping and so, I headed over to the bus-stops after much questioning and help from the locals, I managed to end up in 江汉路.

Beef buns(牛肉包). It tastes funny namely because this is my first time trying out such stuff.

I ended up being approached by a random student from a nearby hairstyling school. Initially, I was interested at the offer - A 20 yuan deal to perm my hair. I was thinking, "Seriously?"


The student explained that they were having a class competition as well... Competing to see which class can persuade the most people to come over?




I washed my hair in this basin. There was no hot water from the tap and the student hairstylists(They had their student identification hung over their neck) all had to fetch hot water somewhere else.


I am reminded of the 3rd National Education Message: We must uphold meritocracy and incorruptibility. Seeing all these young adults in the hair styling line, I learnt that like Singapore's own ITE(Instituite of technical Education) hairstyling is open to school dropouts as another means of livelihood.


We provide opportunities for all, according to their ability and effort. I am thankful that Singapore allows school drop outs to be re-educated and able to contribute to society. It's good that people are given opportunities as per ability and their effort to master something they are not used to.

Not a saloon. This is the classroom of the hair-styling school.

Now, a female hair stylist is going to trim my hair before perming it.

Somehow, when I saw the pink building, I was reminded of a dream I had a long time ago. I didn't know why though...


Afterwards, I managed to find the bus stop with the help of two 哥哥 hairstylists. Thanks!!


I went straight to classroom 701 and sat there until the whole even began, rather listless and tired. Before the even begun, we needed to get the cake that MDE division was in charge of.

Look at that. We still have to sing karaoke later.

And finally, Fire giving a speech with a LSCT girl as a translator.

And Pei Jie with a three layer hat. What a large head she has.

And the local birthday boy today has a total of 5 cakes... Don't you wish it was your birthday instead?

Happy Birthday, Roco (I think?)

And cake cutting time..


I managed to get the last slice of that chocolate cake though. I was also scooping up all the remaining chocolate flakes into the paper plate.
Look at the cake... The layered cake actually contained wine glasses... So innovative that is, if you'd rather drink wine then eat the cake.


Left the earliest with Sharon (Xiao Ling's room mate) and went to get some supper before heading back to do my blog.


Well, night. Salamat Malam!

No comments:

Post a Comment